The fourth annual National Stand-down to prevent struck-by incidents takes place from April 17-21, 2023. This is a great time for employers to review common struck-by hazards with their employees. Struck-by injuries are the leading cause of injuries and death for construction workers.
The Most Common Struck By Hazards
- Flying objects
- 2. Falling objects
- Swinging objects
- Rolling objects
Construction is the industry with 2 TIMES the risk of struck-by injuries of all other industries.
Ways to Prevent Struck-By Injuries
- Use barriers and vehicle arrest systems.
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment (e.g., high-visibility clothing and hard hats).
- Check loads to make sure they are rigged correctly to avoid unbalanced loads.
- Never work under a suspended load.
- Maintain distance from cranes and backhoes to stay out of their swing radius.
- Make sure to establish a working zone for employees and pedestrians to protect them from moving equipment and vehicles.
- Always makes sure your tools are tethered to your work belt when working from heights.
For more small business insights and risk management guidance, contact us today.
This infographic is intended for informational use only. © Design 2023 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.