Client Services Advocate
As a Client Services Advocate you are responsible for managing the coordination of services to employee benefit clients. This role will require a positive team attitude and support for employee benefit consultants in all service areas. The focus for this role is to market new and renewal business and contribute to agency revenue goals.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate general knowledge of agency carriers, carrier/brokerage marketing and underwriting to coordinate with insurance companies to address client issues and solve client problems
- Demonstrate professionalism daily – appearance, approach, leadership etc.
- Support agency directives in effectively managing agency/carrier relationships
- Attend or conduct renewal and open enrollment meetings (will vary depending on team)
- Manage customer needs through servicing daily needs and actively participation in monthly client calls
- Assist clients with their compliance schedule
- Assist with billing, claim and eligibility issues
- Support clients to implement changes in their benefit plans and onboard of new members
- Be a member of service team, along with the Producer and Benefit Consultant, to meet client needs
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of group medical, dental, disability, life, voluntary products, COBRA, ERISA, FSA, HSA, and HRA plans
- Understand fully insured and self-insured products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (strong math and Excel background)
- Possess thorough, organized, and detailed oriented approach to work, including effective problem-solving skills with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Willingness to work effectively in a team environment
- Willingness and initiative to seek out and meet department needs
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to learn and understand a variety of issues, including client and staff needs related to human resources and benefits business
- Minnesota Life and Health License
Who is Christensen Group?
Founded in 1952 and 100% employee-owned, Christensen Group is the largest locally owned, independent insurance and employee benefits agency in Minnesota. At Christensen Group, we treat our employees like people. We care about our clients; we care about the carrier partners and we care about one another; professionally and personally. We’re committed to understanding the businesses we serve and finding solutions that enable those businesses to grow. As an employee, that means you are constantly learning and developing through on-the-job experiences to best serve your clients.Learn more about us
An important part of our compensation package is the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This is one of the best retirement plans around — and is provided to all employees. Be sure to ask us all about ESOPs and we would be happy to explain the ins and outs.
Most people spend the majority of their adult lives at their workplace — and we know that burning some energy is important during the day. Our new office gives you access to a fitness center, a personal trainer, a golf simulator, a raquetball court, walking treadmill desks and an event center.
We offer a competitive total rewards package. The benefit programs offered reflect our commitment to keeping our staff healthy and secure. We understand that your situation is unique, so our benefits package can be molded and shaped by you to fit your needs.