Core Duties and Expectations
- Manage service team workflow
- Act as a technical expert to producer and clients
- Manage renewal process
- New Business Marketing
- Renewal Business Marketing
- Maintain and build rapport with key partners
- Issue supporting documents
- Maintain culture of employee ownership – contribute time and support to agency/carrier events or activities that strengthen our culture
- Demonstrate general knowledge of agency carriers, carrier/broker marketplace and underwriting in order to coordinate with insurance companies to address client issues and solve client problems
Leadership and Supervision
- Assist team in achieving business objectives
- Hiring, promotions, performance and termination process
- Conduct and/or facilitate annual performance review, career path/long-term personal development goals and compensation reviews
- Ensure compliance with office policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate and thorough job descriptions
- Coordinate and facilitate Department meetings as needed
- Celebrate successes through formal and informal recognition
- Work with VP of Commercial Lines and Small Business to research and develop products & services, direct resources and oversee implementation of procedures for department and staff
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of Business Insurance customer service experience (or equivalent)
- Understand insurance markets and coverages offered.
- CIC designation or equivalent, strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience (strong math and Excel background)
- AMS360 experience (desirable)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities. Is a self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively work in a team. Set team deadlines and goals, delegate to others, and keep team environment motivating and fun.
- Obtain Minnesota Property and Casualty insurance license upon hire.
Who is Christensen Group?
Founded in 1952 and 100% employee-owned, Christensen Group is the largest locally owned, independent insurance and employee benefits agency in Minnesota. At Christensen Group, we treat our employees like people. We care about our clients; we care about the carrier partners and we care about one another; professionally and personally. We’re committed to understanding the businesses we serve and finding solutions that enable those businesses to grow. As an employee, that means you are constantly learning and developing through on-the-job experiences to best serve your clients.Learn more about us