Core Duties and Expectations
- Manage service team workflow
- Act as a technical expert to producer and clients
- Manage renewal process
- New Business Marketing
- Renewal Business Marketing
- Maintain and build rapport with key partners
- Issue supporting documents
- Maintain culture of employee ownership – contribute time and support to agency/carrier events or activities that strengthen our culture
- Demonstrate general knowledge of agency carriers, carrier/broker marketplace and underwriting in order to coordinate with insurance companies to address client issues and solve client problems
We believe in creating a safe and open learning environment for all employees. This means employees are encouraged to be curious, seek insurance designations to deepen insurance knowledge and be challenged with new growth opportunities.
Insurance covers all industries and types of businesses. Which means you create your own career path as a generalist (knowing all types of insurance coverages and needs), specialist (focused on an industry/coverage type) or navigate between both roles over the span of a career.
The Client Manager role requires a strong insurance background in order to act as a technical expert to producers and clients. Individuals may decide to grow technical skills to prepare for a more strategic, Account Executive Role, or become experts in the Client Manager role and train best practices to others. Individuals may stay in a specific role or team for their entire career, or they may continue to learn new areas of insurance or coverage types by taking on different accounts. At Christensen Group, we encourage individuals to be life-long learners and individuals are rewarded according to their unique skillset and knowledge.
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of Business Insurance customer service experience (or equivalent)
- Understand insurance markets and coverages offered.
- CIC designation or equivalent, strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience (strong math and Excel background)
- AMS360 experience (desirable)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities. Is a self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively work in a team. Set team deadlines and goals, delegate to others, and keep team environment motivating and fun.
- Obtain Minnesota Property and Casualty insurance license upon hire.
Who is Christensen Group?
Founded in 1952 and 100% employee-owned, Christensen Group is the largest locally owned, independent insurance and employee benefits agency in Minnesota. At Christensen Group, we treat our employees like people. We care about our clients; we care about the carrier partners and we care about one another; professionally and personally. We’re committed to understanding the businesses we serve and finding solutions that enable those businesses to grow. As an employee, that means you are constantly learning and developing through on-the-job experiences to best serve your clients.Learn more about us