As a Client Advocate you provide direct support to producers and internal team members to aid both the retention of existing business and generation of new business. Your main focus is excellent customer service and managing daily client business insurance needs.
Core Duties and Expectations
- Issue certificates of insurance
- Process Audits
- Change Requests and Endorsements
- Process incoming mail and distribute to the team
- Policy Check-ins
- Billing Functions
- Maintain culture of employee ownership – contribute time and support to agency/carrier events or activities that strengthen our culture
- Demonstrate general knowledge of agency carriers, carrier/broker marketplace and underwriting in order to coordinate with insurance companies to address client issues and solve client problems
We believe in creating a safe and open learning environment for all employees. This means employees are encouraged to be curious, seek insurance designations to deepen insurance knowledge and be challenged with new growth opportunities.
Insurance covers all industries and types of businesses. Which means you create your own career path as a generalist (knowing all types of insurance coverages and needs), specialist (focused on an industry/coverage type) or navigate between both roles over the span of a career.
The Client Advocate role provides foundational knowledge and skills for a long career in insurance. Individuals may decide to grow technical skills to prepare for a more strategic, Client Manager or Account Executive Role, or become experts in the Client Advocate role and train best practices to others. Often it takes 18-24 months to learn the Client Advocate role before taking on a new role or position.
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 0 – 3 years of Business Insurance customer service experience (or equivalent)
- Microsoft Office experience (strong math and Excel background)
- AMS360 experience (desirable)
- Ability to navigate carrier websites
- Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Obtain Minnesota Property and Casualty insurance license upon hire
Who is Christensen Group?
Founded in 1952 and 100% employee-owned, Christensen Group is the largest locally owned, independent insurance and employee benefits agency in Minnesota. At Christensen Group, we treat our employees like people. We care about our clients; we care about the carrier partners and we care about one another; professionally and personally. We’re committed to understanding the businesses we serve and finding solutions that enable those businesses to grow. As an employee, that means you are constantly learning and developing through on-the-job experiences to best serve your clients.Learn more about us
An important part of our compensation package is the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This is one of the best retirement plans around — and is provided to all employees. Be sure to ask us all about ESOPs and we would be happy to explain the ins and outs.
Most people spend the majority of their adult lives at their workplace — and we know that burning some energy is important during the day. Our new office gives you access to a fitness center, a personal trainer, a golf simulator, a raquetball court, walking treadmill desks and an event center.
We offer a competitive total rewards package. The benefit programs offered reflect our commitment to keeping our staff healthy and secure. We understand that your situation is unique, so our benefits package can be molded and shaped by you to fit your needs.