Core Duties and Expectations
- Provide service support for personal lines products to new and existing policyholders
- Solicit potential policyholders through a variety of methods
- Conduct policy comparisons to other insurance carriers and provides advice to customers
- Provide quotes and coverage comparisons
- Manage a book of business with the objective of providing quality and timely service that exceeds clients' expectations
- Help customers with billing, claims and other questions
- Properly document our AMS system
- Maintain knowledge of carrier products, niches, and differences
We believe in creating a safe and open learning environment for all employees. This means employees are encouraged to be curious, seek insurance designations to deepen insurance knowledge and be challenged with new growth opportunities.
The Personal Insurance Advisor role offers an opportunity to be the main contact for our Personal Lines policyholders. The role advises clients on how to protect their most important assets and is viewed as a trusted advisor. The Personal Insurance Advisor is constantly learning new coverages and products to adapt to our clients’ evolving needs and industry trends. This role is great for anyone who loves to build close relationships with clients and maintain a long-term relationship on behalf of Christensen Group.
- 2-year degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years Personal lines experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and professional oral and written communications skills
- Minnesota license required
- CIC or CISR designations preferred, not required
- Knowledge of personal lines products and carriers
- Previous AMS software experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Excel
Who is Christensen Group?
Founded in 1952 and 100% employee-owned, Christensen Group is the largest locally owned, independent insurance and employee benefits agency in Minnesota. At Christensen Group, we treat our employees like people. We care about our clients; we care about the carrier partners and we care about one another; professionally and personally. We’re committed to understanding the businesses we serve and finding solutions that enable those businesses to grow. As an employee, that means you are constantly learning and developing through on-the-job experiences to best serve your clients.Learn more about us