Client Services Advocate - Medicare & Individual Health
As a Client Services Advocate you are responsible for helping grow our Medicare and Individual book of business along with servicing these clients. The focus for this role is to market new, retain renewal business and contribute to agency revenue goals.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate product knowledge on multiple carrier plans, make needs-based plan recommendations and assist in the enrollment process
- Conduct client meetings both in-person and virtually
- Conduct Sales Presentations both in-person and virtually
- Address client issues and solve client problems; assist with claim, billing and eligibility issues
- Assist in outreach and marketing efforts
- Demonstrate professionalism daily – appearance, approach, leadership etc.
- Support agency directives in effectively managing agency/carrier/client relationships
- Maintain compliance and licensing requirements
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Previous Medicare, Individual health and pharmacy benefit experience
- Prior sales and/or customer service experience
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Zoom and Microsoft Office Suite (including Teams)
- Proven ability to work in a client-facing environment
- Possess thorough, organized, and detailed oriented approach to work, including effective problem-solving skills with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Willingness to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness and initiative to seek out and meet department needs – make recommendations
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to multi-task
- Minnesota Life and Health License required
*Offer is contingent on passing AHIP certification*
Who is Christensen Group?
Founded in 1952 and 100% employee-owned, Christensen Group is the largest locally owned, independent insurance and employee benefits agency in Minnesota. At Christensen Group, we treat our employees like people. We care about our clients; we care about the carrier partners and we care about one another; professionally and personally. We’re committed to understanding the businesses we serve and finding solutions that enable those businesses to grow. As an employee, that means you are constantly learning and developing through on-the-job experiences to best serve your clients.Learn more about us
An important part of our compensation package is the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This is one of the best retirement plans around — and is provided to all employees. Be sure to ask us all about ESOPs and we would be happy to explain the ins and outs.
Most people spend the majority of their adult lives at their workplace — and we know that burning some energy is important during the day. Our new office gives you access to a fitness center, a personal trainer, a golf simulator, a raquetball court, walking treadmill desks and an event center.
We offer a competitive total rewards package. The benefit programs offered reflect our commitment to keeping our staff healthy and secure. We understand that your situation is unique, so our benefits package can be molded and shaped by you to fit your needs.