Core Duties and Expectations
- Answer phone calls that come into our main line
- Use systems to look up customers and transfer calls
- Greet visitors
- Distribute incoming mail, email, and faxes
- Prepare and send outgoing mail, including packages
- Assist in scheduling conference rooms as needed
- Support the team by scanning policies, downloading documents, and uploading documents into agency system
- Ordering and stocking office supplies for home office and assist other offices as needed
- Assist in ordering lunches
- Assist with planning office events
- Partner with vendors on office equipment and supplies
- Keep front reception space, kitchen, and conference room tidy
- Assists with building communication to other tenants as needed
- Assist with projects as determined by HR Specialist
We believe in creating a safe and open learning environment for all employees. This means employees are encouraged to be curious, deepen insurance knowledge and be challenged with new growth opportunities.
The Administrative Assistant role is an important role in our business. An Administrative Assistant is someone who is eager to learn and adapt to meet the changing needs of the organization. Christensen Group will support on-going learning opportunities, aligned with our business strategy, to allow the Administrative Assistant to grow their skills and knowledge to support our growing business. The Administrative Assistant may also take on additional responsibility and work on projects with the Leadership Team.
If you are interested in insurance, this is a great place to start as you will have exposure to all lines of business. It may take about 18-24 months in this role before moving into another role.
- 2-year degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Independent and a self-starter
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Microsoft Outlook and Excel knowledge preferred
- Able to adapt to and lead in an environment that is fast paced and lead others through change
Who is Christensen Group?
Founded in 1952 and 100% employee-owned, Christensen Group is the largest locally owned, independent insurance and employee benefits agency in Minnesota. At Christensen Group, we treat our employees like people. We care about our clients; we care about the carrier partners and we care about one another; professionally and personally. We’re committed to understanding the businesses we serve and finding solutions that enable those businesses to grow. As an employee, that means you are constantly learning and developing through on-the-job experiences to best serve your clients.Learn more about us